I get a big carried away with shoes when it comes to vacations. And, have a penchant for spilling on myself, so I always pack extra clothes. TH loves his shoes as well. He also seems to have more toiletries than a woman. Between the two of us, we sure amass a lot of stuff for vacation.
BUT---holy monkeys!! I never knew about over-packing until I was packing for a baby. The amount of stuff we're taking is frankly, astonishing. And I knew we'd pack a lot of stuff.
LM has the following packed (because I know how much you want to know):
- 3 outfits per day---plus an extra couple outfits----so 15 outfits. That's two onesies and a romper per day give or take.
- 3 pair of shorts, two pair of pants
- 5 onesies to sleep in
- 2 sleepers in case needed
- 2 overalls---long and short
- 2 hoodies
- 2 long-sleeved onesies
- 4 pair of socks
- 1 big blanket for the floor
- 2 smaller snuggley blankets
- 2 swaddle blankets
- 1 swaddle sack
- 2 extra PNP sheets
- Swing (yes, the full-size one. It's a big cabin and LM takes at least one nap a day in it--plus, if all hell breaks loose, he can sleep in it at night)
- 3 carriers--my Baby K'tan (swoon), Ergo and Baby B'jorn (for TH)
- Diapers (lots)
- Wipes (lots)
- Mini baby shampoo, lotion and baby wash
- Nighttime books
- Random toys (plus the ones on the playmat)
- Baby brush and nose sucker
- Baby monitor
- Breast Pump
- Milk storage bags
- 4 bottles (emergencies....in case I might have an extra glass of wine or leave him with my BIL/SIL for a bit)
- Diaper bag (of course)
- Every burp cloth we own
- All pacifiers
- Swimsuit, swim diaper
- And a partridge in a pear tree....
BUT---we don't leave until late this afternoon---if you see something I forgot....tell me!!!!