Friday, June 3, 2011

Elation?

I talked earlier about the guilt that I feel about certain "Mom" things. But, today I went out for a pedicure with a friend. I fed LM before I left, TH had plenty of fun things to do with him and a swaddle blanket all folded and ready for nap time...and I was only going to be gone 1.5-2 hours. I headed out and as I swung through the drive-thru at Chick-fil-A for a yummy lemonade to drink (see! I am trying to be good and cut back on caffeine to help with the spit up) I realized something....something very important.

I DID NOT feel guilty. In fact, I felt good to be out and about without the stress of possibilities of LM getting too overstimulated, getting hungry.....well, basically just crying a bunch in public :-) I didn't have to take a diaper bag, haul the carseat in and out of places....I just grabbed my purse and went.  I've been out before for things (hair appointments, a movie etc) but this was the first time I didn't feel guilty about leaving him.  I felt elated at the freedom.

Perhaps I may still feel guilty about drinking my coffee and surfing the net while he plays on his playmat (though most of the time I interact with him while my coffee gets cold)....but, I view this as progress.

Mama got out and had a good time! Hooray!

2 comments:

  1. i was in FL recently and had that lemonade, i had to mix it with water (which is no surprise, i think everything is too sweet) but it was SOOO good! and we have no chick-fil-a's where i live, boo.
    http://katery.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore strong lemonade and I think they're the only restaurant that makes it strong enough...but I'm weird about lemonade :-)

    Thanks for stopping by! I like your blog--I added you to my google reader :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love knowing you're reading :-) I believe blogging is about the give and take of ideas/opinions. Please share yours with me!