Sunday, April 1, 2012

Stealing a moment

Eesh...that title sounded like some sort of candy or creamer commercial. But, that's what I'm doing. LM is upstairs "talking" to himself to fall asleep for his afternoon nap...and by talking I mean intermittently making his "nom nom" noise to his paci, crying and babbling. TH is out with some friends playing garage darts and helping with a house project. So, I'm uncharacteristically "alone".

I could clean....goodness knows that the sunshine peeking through the window shows me how desperately I need to dust. I could clean up some toys (and by clean, I mean shove them off to the side). I could start some laundry....which I may actually do as it appears to be piling up and I don't want to spend my entire spring break doing laundry and trying to get strawberry stains out of ALL of LM's clothes. What I most likely do is dig through my pile of book--you know, the ones I bought when I was sure LM was never coming. I've made little in-roads on them in the past year (the Kindle has just been easier).

I've got big plans to open up the bedroom windows, crack the blinds (just enough for the breeze but not enough for lots of light) and read until I decide to take a nap. Even though I am now officially 12 weeks, the exhaustion is not yet fading and I feel entitled to nap if I want to :-) Maybe I'll get lucky and LM will sleep a long time (oh yes, even though it's nearly 4pm, I plan on letting him sleep as late as he wants...bedtime be damned....well...unless I can't fall asleep!) or TH will come home and tell me that he'll get him up when he wakes up and I can sleep. Well....a girl can dream.

There's really no point to this post (as I'm sure you've figured out). But, I had the opportunity to do it...which is so rare these days. And, my first thought upon seeing an infomercial for this was that the BeBe and Bella band people appear to have some competition on their hands and who else should I share this info with...you! Perhaps I need to find something better to watch on tv. 

The only other thought rolling around in my head is about bottles. We're down to 3 6oz bottles a day (before am nap, before pm nap--at daycare, later in the day at home and bedtime). He's now FINALLY drinking about 10oz of whole milk a day, plus lots of cheese/fruits/veggies etc. He loves loves loves his "babas" and I don't know what to do next...we cut out a mid-afternoon bottle already and have been dropping ounces to get where we are. I'm just not sure where to go from here....he's not getting as much milk as I'd like but we've hit a wall with about how much we can get in him a day. Since I don't know anything really (wish I had time to research) about 1 year old serving sizes/food pyramids and fluids intake....I'd appreciate any thoughts you have.

The noises have finally stopped and so bloggy friends, I'm out :-) Enjoy your Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. the doctor we have said that he needs to get about 21oz. total during a 24 hour period. We also got a guide from the american assoc. of pediatrics with a sample menu. we basically give Nolan 4oz. of milk with every meal. Sometimes it's formula, sometimes just whole milk, and he will still wake up in the middle of the night. I dont know if I've commented on your blog before, but your struggle with the bottle struck a chord with me. It's so hard to figure out what the right thing is. here's the link for the sample menu that we got. http://www.healthychildren.org/English/ages-stages/baby/feeding-nutrition/pages/Sample-One-Day-Menu-for-a-One-Year-Old.aspx?nfstatus=401&nftoken=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000&nfstatusdescription=ERROR%3a+No+local+token

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love knowing you're reading :-) I believe blogging is about the give and take of ideas/opinions. Please share yours with me!