Friday, April 29, 2011

What they don't really tell you...

By the time you give birth, you're nearly crazy from the hormones. But, you tell yourself that it'll all be better once the baby is born. The first few weeks are atrocious though--the hormones crashing out of your body make you cry at the drop of a hat. I would cry for NO reason whatsoever...I'm pretty sure TH was more freaked out by these hormone swings than when pregnant me would cry at commercials. But--you know it will get better--and it does.

Then there are days like today---where despite the beautiful weather, your happy smiling (finally!!) baby and good life--you just cannot shake the feeling of gloom. I'm down in the dumps today...I cried when TH said he didn't get a chance yet to watch the movie I sent him of LM (I send him a picture or video daily at work). I cried through the whole royal wedding and I cried when LM woke up from his nap. It's just one of those days.

There's no way to feel better---besides eating chocolate--it just has to pass. And it does. But no one can really prepare you for what it feels like after nearly eight weeks...just expect it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love knowing you're reading :-) I believe blogging is about the give and take of ideas/opinions. Please share yours with me!