Saturday, May 21, 2011

Not the outdoorsey type I see...

I do not like cold weather---it makes me crabby. Especially when it is accompanied by grey skies and clouds. Bleh.

The first "warm" day (in all fairness, it's usually 48 degrees and sunny but still!) my mood picks up, I crack the car windows and bask in the sunshine (even if I'm still wearing bulky winter clothes). While I know LM can't be out in the sun this summer (boo not being allowed to use sunblock until six months!) but that doesn't mean we still can't stroll in the park, hike in the woods, go camping, go places that are not climate controlled.

Or does it?

The last couple of days it has warmed back up (the 80's sure feel nice after frost...seriously.. frost in May..dislike) and we had the windows open and were enjoying the nice weather before the summer heat kicks in.  I love sleeping with the windows open and the breeze blowing by.

But LM apparently does not.  He's become crabbier and crabbier..melting down in his stroller, waking up cranky at night for no reason and just in general being restless and unhappy.  So, we've closed the windows, turned on the AC and hung out inside.

But is this a glimpse into the future that is my summer? With both of us as teachers, we love our summers off and make the most of them.  I don't want a miserable LM but I don't want to be cooped up inside. I'm hoping this is something that he adjusts to. I totally get that humidity is a crazy, icky feeling...especially if it's brand new. I'm not sure how this will all work itself out but until it does, I guess we'll be using our numerous carriers and lovely stroller inside.

Hmmm...not quite how I pictured it. I'll just add it to my list of things I didn't expect about motherhood.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love knowing you're reading :-) I believe blogging is about the give and take of ideas/opinions. Please share yours with me!