Sunday, March 25, 2012

Weekend Woes

While I may have reservations about our DCP in some regards, the one thing I give her full credit for is getting LM on a schedule. He takes two naps a day, at approximately the same time every day M-Friday. He has snack at an appropriate time and is always hungry at dinnertime as a result. Due to his schedule, he goes to bed around the same time every night.

BUT---I hate it on the weekends. Because he usually sleeps in at least an hour later than normal (sometimes 2 if we're lucky), he goes down for his morning nap later, eats lunch later and sometimes has no interest in taking an afternoon nap or if he does, it's late enough it pushes back bedtime. He also goes down with little to no fussing for her. But for us, unless he's really tired, he cries. And cries. It usually only lasts a few minutes but those few minutes are heart-wrenching. Why do I have to be the one that has to listen to him cry? Why won't he sleep like that for us? It just sucks that he'll do things differently there than here.

Usually, this makes for some tense moments during the weekends---as I hate to let him cry and TH thinks he's old enough to "cio". But--it's only two days and we make it through. However, spring break is upcoming and I dread how 9 days of being "off schedule" will feel. Christmas break is longer, so we get into our own schedule. But, we'll just be getting there when it's time to go back to work. I'm not willing to get him up at 645 every morning just to "keep the schedule".

I don't really know what to do except hope and cross my fingers he doesn't cry at naptime. I just hate that I have to be the one to hear it...and I hate that the schedule I'm happy he has is the reason he's so off on the weekends.

Anyone have any good weekend/off-routine tips?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love knowing you're reading :-) I believe blogging is about the give and take of ideas/opinions. Please share yours with me!