Friday, November 30, 2012

War

Is it bad that I don't think I'm going to bother whether I'm building bad habits (with both kiddos really)?

I have just over a month before I go back to work. And frankly, I just want to soak up the newborn time so much that it doesn't seem important if I'm holding her for a lot of naps. Soon, someone else will spend all day with her and I'll be awarded just a few short hours every night to be with her/them. I know good sleep habits are important but come on...surely not that bad right?

I'm just feeling low today about it being our last (and yes, it def is). I'm so torn between trying to what's "right" for development etc and what feels good to me. I want to do better this time around. I know the mistakes we made last time. And I should be trying to not repeat them...but I also don't want to miss anything. Spending lots of time with a newborn and LM has made me see just what I'm missing and what I have missed by being at work (and no that can't change either). It's heartbreaking and wonderful at the same time (you know, because I haven't totally screwed up my kid).

It's so hard to know what to do.

1 comment:

  1. imo? Do what feels right to you. You are their mother. No child is the same, and you know that. Do what feels right to you and you will be just fine. I struggle with this all the time. I know I should be pushing The Boy harder on food. I know I should have been meaner about switching him to a sippy. But? Those things don't feel right to me. All we can do is be the best mom we can be...and anyone who doesn't like it, who wants to judge us for what we do, can take a very long walk off a very short pier. So long as you keep the kids alive and no one is getting hurt, it's all to the good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love knowing you're reading :-) I believe blogging is about the give and take of ideas/opinions. Please share yours with me!