Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Anyone know how to say "no" in another language?

I'm going to have to brush up on some of my old foreign language skills because LM is not going to think "no" applies to anything but the phrase "No "!! To him, it'll be one word. To him it will be what he hears when the dog tries to french kiss him (consensually, I might add), when he barks crazily at nothing and when he tries to steal his favorite thing in the world..burp cloths! No won't mean no.

And as much as I'd love to believe that my darling baby will never misbehave and thus never need to hear the word...I'm sure that he'll hear it quite a bit. So--I'll have to come up with a new way of saying it. Since many of the other languages of the world sound close to "no"....I may have to go tribal...or perhaps Sanskrit (is that spoken or just written?).

Or maybe...I just need a totally new word. Like "tomato" or "bop"...or something else. Those are less than creative I admit.

Any suggestions? :-)

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting! I love knowing you're reading :-) I believe blogging is about the give and take of ideas/opinions. Please share yours with me!