Thursday, May 31, 2012

Procrastination Nation

Ok...so maybe it's not the whole nation, but it's at least me. I was chatting with some colleagues on the last day of school about how things were going with choosing a name, our plans for the nursery etc. Now these are people know me well---and know that I'm a planner, a bit Type A and hate feeling behind or not organized.

So, needless to say, they were a bit surprised that we've basically made zero progress on baby things since finding out the gender. And, honestly, I am too. Within 48 hours of knowing what LM was, we had a name, I had ordered a crib and we were debating which dresser. Granted, I had more time to research and we hit up the baby shops early on in the pg.....so I get that there are valid reasons why we haven't made as much progress. But, I worry that it's symptomatic of the struggle I've had to really get "excited" about this pg.

Don't get me wrong---I'm thrilled that we're having a girl and the experience gets to be different. But, either way, we're not making progress. We're going round and round about the name....we're close but having difficulties over how feminine a name should be or whether she should have a more feminine option. And no, don't worry---we're not going for Maxwell. Jessica Simpson can have it all to herself. Nonetheless, we haven't decided and EVERYONE keeps asking.

I've looked at 1000's of cribs...all different styles and colors. Once I narrow it down, I/we change our minds about what we want. Or, we love something and CANNOT find other furniture that coordinates with it or is the same style. Eventually--it all just looks just alike. We don't have a "theme"....not that LM had one. We don't even know what we want to paint the room.....just that LM's moving to the bigger room and there's painting to be done to both.

I realize all this is trivial in the scheme of life....I just don't like that I cannot make a decision. I'm not the most decisive person in the world....unless I'm focused on a project or something...and then I can be. It just feels like work instead of fun exciting times. I wish I could pay someone to make the decisions for me. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Wouldn't that be nice?? There are so many things I wish I could pay someone to do! Like clean my house :) Anyway, I hope this summer gives you the time you need to be able to get things planned and feel better about the whole pregnancy. You're in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love knowing you're reading :-) I believe blogging is about the give and take of ideas/opinions. Please share yours with me!