Saturday, November 10, 2012

Look alike, act alike?

My babies look alike...like super alike. Apparently that's how I make 'em.

See? Do you know which is which?


They don't, however, act alike. LM was laid back (though we didn't know it then), cried only when he needed something and (as the pediatrician always asks) "easily consolable". Granted, he didn't sleep through the night until 15 months but he was Mr. Chill compared to our little family post-script.

She cries--when hungry, tired, wet/poopy, sitting wrong, gassy, burped recently, spitting up, missing a sock, wearing a mismatched outfit etc. She is happy sometimes...a quiet, alert, "taking it all in" kind of happy. But, she is NOT easily consolable.

I'm exhausted--physically and emotionally. It's hard to maintain any kind of sanity while LM runs around, seeking attention and snuggles, and she cries. TH is home for two more weeks...and I have no idea what I'll do when he goes back to work. I have the option of daycare for LM whenever I need it...but I don't know how my mommy guilt will deal with that.

It makes me wonder what she'll be like when she's older. Everyone (you know, the infamous mob that backups all important theories) says that by six weeks (she's a month!! tomorrow) it peaks. So, hopefully, personality will start to show more and more. As laid back as LM is/was, he's spunky and stubborn, willful and smart, verbally verbose but a thinker.  Will PS's feisty, "I'm here world, pay attention to me!" attitude stick around or will she be the calm of our storm? Will she be quiet and watch her brother or will I have another early talker on my hands?

When it's the middle of the night and she's finished eating and has snuggled close for her 20min upright period (so she won't immediately spit it all up and/or choke), I watch her in the light of my iPhone and wonder who she'll be. Whether my little ones will be more than "look alikes" or if they'll be two individual peas in the same pod.

Time will tell.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love knowing you're reading :-) I believe blogging is about the give and take of ideas/opinions. Please share yours with me!